Saturday, December 29, 2007

deadbolt

So, this is what happened to me yesterday...

I was working the night shift at the cafe. So I didn't have to be at work until 4:00. A whole morning to myself... what a luxury.
I slept in. I didn't even get out of bed until 8:30. It was a lazy kind of delicious. Then i made some breakfast, cleaned my apt. went out for coffee and did some grocery shopping. By this time it was close to lunch, so i descided to go to the hotel, as a staff member, i get a free meal. and i could use the healthclub.
I jogged the 20mins there, got the keycard from the front desk, and did about an hour of weights and a bit of cardio. not much because i was still a little hung over from the christmastime. Then I jogged 20mins home and went to have a shower.

Here's where it gets interesting...

I get out of the shower, and walk into my kitchen/bedroom/livingroom (the virtues of a bachelor's apartment), and there is an old man just sitting on my couch.
And did i mention that I was buck-naked?
This old man had walked into my place, thinking it was a friend of his. Heard the shower, and descided to wait patiently. He says to me, "I was looking for number 7..." so i yell back, "so you walk into number 13!!?!!"
at which point he leaves.

The moral of this story?

Always lock your door.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

Moral of the story v2 -- old men LOVE you.

- said...

good lord!


also, you should always make sure you pull your door closed all the way. last night i was leaving for the bar and i was being dragged out the door by a friend, and i wasnt confident that the door was closed tightly. i got home 8 hours later and the door was wide open, with just the screen door closed. TERRIBLE.