Monday, February 25, 2008

uh... yea?

So my uncle just called me.
He just called me for what I think is the first time ever.
Just called me to ask if I'd be a pallbearer for my Grandma's funeral.
In case she dies soon.
I know it's because he's going to be in Ottawa for about 2 months.
Where he will be having some tests done, and will eventually have a surgery for a new pacemaker and defibrulator.
I get what he's trying to do, and hope things work out for he best for oth him and my Grandma... but WTF!?

1 comment:

- said...

i'll definitely be thinking good thoughts for both of them.

when i was 16, i was a pallbearer for my grandma. it was possibly the one time in my life that my mind raced more than any other.

****
what if i trip down these steps?
i feel so honoured to be doing this
why do i have to do this?
why cant i just sit there and cry like everyone else?
this sure is lighter than i expected
i have to stay composed
im sad
i miss my grandma
i wonder who chose me to do this
****