Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sunny Days Off...

Yesterday I was off work. And the sun still shone bright and warm, and the jacket was left at home as I wandered a few blocks from my apartment to see what exactly this day had decided to highlight with its golden rays.
The things I see everyday on my way to work, while out with friends, or when running errands seem to be lit for their debut. Things look better with a bit of sun, with a touch of radiant warmth.
After a trip to the cafe, to the bank, to the gym and the grocery store, the evening was spent with the waning rays warming my toes as I enjoyed a new book (In Defence of Food, Michael Pollan) and a great CD by a UK band, The Kooks. It was a pretty damn good day. So raise a glass to many more!

2 comments:

stacy said...

i'm reading the same book! just began it today - love it so far.

Steve said...

and i think its safe to say you'll just keep loving it.