Thursday, April 3, 2008

I get around...

So Tuesday Night was a concert night in Peterborough. Dragonette, a killer Toronoto outfit doing electro-pop-esque stuff with two killer opening acts on the bill as well. Sweet Things and Fritz Helder and The Phantoms. I rocked the LOUD "Bill Cosby on Acid" sweatshirt as this was a Neon is the New Black event to boot. The Opening act's Drummer, Tyler, was the little brother of one of my Fav. Brew-Pub waitresses. Not only that, he's the same Tyler from "Popular Mechanics for Kids"!!
This is Sweet Things, more rock with harmonies, and no real electro elements, but easily proved themselves a great act to see and hear. I wish I hadn't drank all my money away so I could have bought their CD.
Fritz Helder and the Phantoms have a song where the basically rap and mock the audience for not being original. They gave me props from the stage for my sweater, which pretty much made my night. That and Pastel Supernova (The Girl in the Seafoam Socks) is rediculously sensual and agressive. My kind of woman.
Then around 1am, on came Dragonette. They were amazed that on a Tuesday night we sold out a 500 capacity club in a "small town". I couldn't get over how short Martine is in person. She is a teeny tiny elf of a woman. But her vocals were spot on to the album, which made me super impressed. I hate it when a band live, sounds nothing like they do on the album. All in all, a great show and a good way to end a pretty crappy week. If you've read this blog for a while, you know how much I commune with live music. This was a great show, and check out the bands. They're all on my iTunes, and will remain there for a looong time.

No comments: