Saturday, October 20, 2007

Spooky...

Last night was awesome!
We all wen't out for dinner to celebrate my new job, and therefore I didn't have to pay for anything. Which makes Steve a very happy camper. I don't accept charity very easily, but this was to celebrate me, and as they all pointed out, I have been the "Official Round Purchaser" for well over thre years, being the highest paid, and only ful-time working memeber of our crew for a very long time. I know what it's like to be a starving student, so I appreciate their gestures.
So, Steph and Jake, Deanna and Aaron, Christina and Darren, and Jen and myself went out for dinner. No one else had met Darren yet, so I played it up for them. They didn't know that I was the crazy matchmaker in this situation, so I just let them have it. Goodtimes. I promise.


Then we all drove out to Cold Springs, near Port Hope to go to Phantom Farm. I mean, who doesn't love a haunted hayride or a spooky barn/maze thing. I totally had forgotten how easily Jen and Steph scare! Jen almost ripped my arm off. Its what she gets for making me go first! I totally wa conspiring with some of the ghouls towards the end. I'd walk in grinning, pointing behind me, then Jen would get 2 or 3 people popping out of bathtubs, cribs, or closets! Man, I'm such a jerk sometmes. HaHaHa!


So, I guess all in all, this self-imposed social exile I was in is steadily melting away. I've spent more time with the varying groups of friends than I have in a really long time. And these groups are even starting to melt together. Something I couldnt be happier with.


OH! And, as a footnote here, I promised Desiree that I would thank her for the drink and muffin! Having friends working at every decent cafe in town makes for not only excellent weekends and mornings but is quite easy on the pocketbook too!

3 comments:

- said...

This Desiree is wonderful! Great photographer? Free stuff? Marry her! hehe

We have a similar place near Ottawa called Saunders Farm... it is awesome and I haven't been in a few years. Everyone is talking about going today and next week and I'm not going and it makes me cry at night. heh

you should really turn off the word verification lol

rememories said...

Oh my god!
Phantom farm!
Shit, I want to come home.
Montreal is fun but, shit, Peterborough is my home.

Desiree said...

Awe golly ^_^ I must say I'm enjoying these comments sir. I promise to start updating my blogspot MUCH more regularly now that the newer camera is up in motion.

that's desireefawn.blogspot.com -- my place for show casing my photography & other things (often on etsy) that strike my fancy.

ah yes. much love eeves!