Saturday, November 3, 2007

Rhapsody


You should live life live.
Live music has a pull, a sway, and a hold on me.
Last night I went to a "Cuff the Duke" show at a local club, The Trasheteria.

I can't totally describe how much live music means to me, but it has something to to with all of the vibrations in the air and the aural melodies that seem to swirl around my head in a synesthesiac cacophony of, of, (this is where I peter out from excitement,) well... goodness. Two amazing bands opened the show for them, "The Unionist Ministers" and "The Country Boys". I just stood in the crowd, my friends lost somewhere behind me, and I swayed. I bounced. I threw my hands in the air and screamed. The state of bliss that music can put you in is on par with any other adrenaline or narcotic experience possible. You just have to open yourself to it.

Music is meant to be heard played by musicians. No level of stereo equipment is equal. It may sound scientifically equal, but it is not. You need the music played over the din. The crush of bodies coming together for a singular enjoyment, and solitary bond. See shows live, support local music. It's been 12 hours and I still haven't come down from the high.

1 comment:

- said...

I will never agree with something more. I am a great lover of concerts because the experience is unparalleled. As a student, I may not be able to afford to buy CDs anymore, but if you make good music and you come to Ottawa, I will GLADLY fork over whatever cash I can in order to buy tickets to your concert, because I love to support the musicians that make me smile, and I smile even more when the music is live.