Sunday, November 4, 2007

Toasting and Roasting

Today was my first shift at Dreams of Beans... I spent the morning baking.
Making all sorts of coffee. Lattes, Cappuccino's, Espresso and such.
These are all good things.
Muffins, Bagels, Cookies, and tarts. Croissants, Bourakkas and Biscotti.
This is a lazy Sunday made chaotic. Filled with every one's rituals and routines, watching them as they first wake up and greet the weekend. The day of rest and the smells and sights of my labour.
These are the reasons I love what I do, to be a part of these peoples lives in this important minutiae. To influence their day without drawing attention to myself or to the fact that this simple indulgence is the result of early mornings and hard work. We've all earned out Sunday mornings and the right to spend them in a blissful ignorance and a sensational awakening.

3 comments:

Desiree said...

*bourekas ^_^

- said...

that is so pretty!

stacy said...

If you did that... I'm coming to visit!